Saturday, December 8, 2007

Photo Essay: Within the Walls


When I was a kid, one of the many things I wanted to be was an archaeologist. I loved the idea of finding old "treasures" and artifacts. As I got older, I realized that I'd need to have unlimited patience to do that sort of thing. Needless to say, that idea flew out the window. Luckily, my dad does work on houses (replacing walls, painting, etc), and has found a few little antiques from the 1900s-1950s over the years. They're not dinosaur bones from an excavation, but nonetheless, some of the things he's found are fascinating.

Most of the items are Milwaukee artifacts and were found within my own house (i.e. my parent's house). I don't find Milwaukee to be very interesting, but even I'll admit that it's cool to see how some of the logos and brands of the city have changed over the years. Considering this is a photojournalism class, the Milwaukee Journal related pieces seem especially appropriate.


No comments: