Monday, October 8, 2007

Document: Bubbles

⌠ Proposal and Hypothesis ⌡
For my document project, I decided to photograph different kinds of bubbles. They will be the traditional soap and water bubbles, bubbles formed from other substances or by other methods, and bubble shaped objects.


For many of the photos, I will ask someone to help create or blow bubbles, but other "bubbly" subjects may also be discovered at random. I believe I'll find that there are many different ways to create bubbles and also that there are many objects that resemble bubbles. On the other hand, I may find that there are fewer kinds of bubbles than I expected. Whether I like it or not, I'll probably also learn a lot of the science behind bubbles along the way.

The motivation behind documenting bubbles is simply that I like bubbles; they immediately make me think of childhood (all of the bubble-shaped toys can attest to that idea) or of being carefree.

⌠ Results ⌡
I had trouble finding bubble-shaped objects, but I was able to capture bubbles formed from various substances, mainly liquid. Originally, I had also hoped to capture at least one image of someone blowing a bubble with gum, but I had difficulty finding a willing subject.

No comments: